Friday, December 3, 2010

Progress Continues

I have successfully completed all of my Dossier and Waitlist documents including signed and notarized.  I am now just waiting on the approval to change countries then everything goes to the Secretary of the State of Texas for Apostille.

So my dog Dakota got into a fight with an unknown animal the other night.  I think Dakota got the best of the other animal, but the animal did get away from Dakota's fierce jaws by scratching her on the ear.

It all started when Dakota tried to get out of the house by clawing at the door and crying.  I ran down the stairs and let her out so she wouldn't destroy anything and she took off down the outside stairs and ran across the yard.  I then saw her leap up to the top of my 8' fence and grab something off of it.  She appeared to have something in her mouth.  I realized that it was some type of animal, but I couldn't tell what it was because it was dark.  Dakota was shaking the creature extremely hard while holding it in her mouth when she yelped twice and dropped the animal.  I saw the unknown animal scurry off as Dakota seemed disoriented for a moment.  When I was finally able to get her back into the house I didn't notice any injuries; however, a few days later I found a scratch on the outside of her ear.  I just couldn't believe how fierce Dakota could be. She is not welcoming of other animals in her territory.  However, it is comforting that she is so protective.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: