Saturday, November 13, 2010

3 Strikes, you're out

Hi All - I played a lot of softball in my life, and I can probably count on one hand how many times I have struck out.  I was always determined to get a hit.  So I am looking at the adoption process like I am at bat and currently have 2 strikes against me.  Strike 1 was Kazakhstan and strike 2 was Nepal.  I am going to do everything I can to not strike out.  So here's the pitch!

I took about a month and a half off of thinking about adopting.  I have been very quiet about it because I just needed a break.  I was tired of the disappointment and emotional roller coaster.  However, about 2 weeks ago I jumped right back into the adoption world.  I had a decision to make which was either stop the journey all together or change countries once again.  I decided that I would give it one more good Girl Scout try and I decided to try to adopt from Russia.  My approval from immigration expires in May and getting that approval is a huge process, so I don't really want to go through it again.

I immediately started working on the paperwork and the transfer of countries.  I have done everything I can at this point, but I am waiting on others to get me necessary paperwork to send in to immigration so I can change to Russia.  Once I get the approval from immigration I will send in all of my paperwork for approval from the agency and then to Texas for apostille.

So I am working very hard.  Wish me luck!  This is my last at bat, there are 2 outs, and I have 2 strikes.

2 comments:

Karon said...

We recently completed our family through a second adoption. OUr first was from Kaz, then for number 2 we started in October 07. We began with Bulgaria and waited 1.5 years until we decided to try for AA domestic adoption. After some soul searching we realized this too was the wrong path. Then we signed back up with Kazkahstan. We waited in line with papers ready for one year. On the day our paperwork went to the Embassy the program closed. One month later a situation arrouse where we ended up adopting a little boy from China who was in the US but the adoption was being disrupted. Talk about a crazy jorney, but it has worked out better than any plans we made. While the twist and turns suck and they seem pointless, it will all make sense when you are holding your child or children.

Lou Ann said...

I couldn't agree with Karon more. It is hard to go through all the delays and doing all the paperwork and hearing no this is not the country for you. But it's all leading to the right child for you. The one God had planned all along. So don't look back at the first two pitchs thrown to you. It's the last one that counts. The one you're going to hit out of the park and get a home run when you bring YOUR child home.

Best of luck!
Lou Ann & Lexie too