Friday, July 30, 2010

Update

After all of the negative news that has been in the press and put out by the State Department about Nepalese adoptions, I received some good news this week.  This week my advisor at the agency participated in a conference call that included representatives from the State Department and other government agencies.  The U.S. Government is not planning on suspending adoptions from Nepal and they are sending a group to Nepal to make sure everything is running appropriately.  I was told that the conference call was very positive.

I was also told that my application for adoption has been approved and I should expect a referral in 3 to 6 months.  That was exciting news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I'm keeping my fingers crossed all the time for ya!

cyn said...

super exciting! we'll be in houston in november...hopefully we'll get hear some news in person!

okitoki said...

hey rachelle! i see a lot of changes since i last checked in. i am glad though that things are moving along.