Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Journey Continues

I am going to meet with my Home Study Social Worker next Tuesday.  Since I have decided to change countries then she needs to see me.  There are many positive things about switching to Nepal. First of all I will not have to stay in country near as long.  This is very good for my job. It would be a major burden on me financially and hard for those with whom I work if I have to be out of the country for over a month.  Also the dossier is much less detailed for Nepal compared to Kazakhstan.  Right now EAC would like me to have my completed dossier to them by July 15th.  So I am on a timeline.  I will be sending the updated home study to immigration as soon as I get it.

I have started to wrap my head around the concept of going to Nepal.  I think it will be a fascinating place to visit and it will be amazing to see Mount Everest with my own eyes.  And NO I will not attempt to climb it.  I am a little concerned about this girl from Texas going to a country with such a high elevation.  I better find some winter clothes.

I hope to have another update soon.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I would love to go to Nepal!!

Ann said...

Hi Rachelle,

I'm also in process with Kazakhstan and have been following their news pretty closely. Please send me a note at hn8@sbcglobal.net... I'd like to chat with you.

Ann