Sunday, April 25, 2010

Starting All Over!

It feels like I have been spinning my wheels the last 7 months.  With the latest revelation that my mother's prints may never be readable I must either give up or press on.  So I press on.  I heard back from my Social Worker and it sounds like I will have to redo a lot of the Home Study.  This will cost more money and take more time.  I even have to meet with her again since I am removing my mother from the picture.  Oh yes, I even get to get fingerprinted again.  The one thing I won't have to do is apply to Immigration, but I do have to send an updated Home Study and a letter explaining the change.

So that is the latest.  I am going to quit thinking about a Fall trip to Kazakhstan and hope I won't be traveling in the winter.  This Texas girl could not take a month or more in such a cold climate.  Of course I will do whatever it takes and suffer through the cold.

I hope you all have a nice Sunday.  I am heading out to mow the yard.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hello!! I saw your blog on the Kaz site....I have not had a chance to read all of it but I can hear your frustrations!! Stay positive and keep plugging away!! We started our first IA in 2006....and are still waiting (CHina - through EAC). We began our second adoption - Kaz - in 2008. I always dreamed of a little girl....and our son Adam is ALL BOY!! I know the frustration you are feeling....but as you said in one of your post - what is meant to happen will happen!! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

That's a bummer. I'm sorry to hear that you have to start all over again, but I guess, everything will happen in its own time. I hope you'll get what you need & want very soon...and trip to Kaz next spring doesn't sound too bad :)