Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ARGH!

I received a package today from the FBI.  Guess what?  My mother still does not have readable prints.  I am so frustrated that I could spit.  I don't even know what to say at this point.  I am going to call them tomorrow and beg my case.  The form that was sent back does indicate that my mother should be able to get electronic scanning of her fingerprints.  We know the scanning works because her prints were approved by immigration through electronic scanning.  So I am hoping that worst case scenario is she can go back to immigration and get the electronic scanning done.  I will send an update as soon as I know the next step.

Please send positive thoughts my way.

4 comments:

Lou Ann said...

Rachelle,
I am so sorry you are still having problems with your mom's prints. I know exactly what you are feeling. Try to reach whoever is in charge of adoptions at the nearest FBI or INS office. That was how I fianlly got my mom approved since they never could get prints clear enough to satisfy anyone. I felt much better once I talked to an actual person even though she wasn't very helpful. I just keep calling and bugging her until she came up with the solution of having my mom swear to a series of questions in front of an INS officer. Stupid but it got me the approval. That took over 3 months. My agency had never run into the issue so they wheren't much help.

Hang in there. You can make it happen!

Lou Ann & Lexie too

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! I can only imagine. Like Lou Ann said, it is going to happen ... but I know when you are in the midst of it it sure doesn't feel like it!

Tracey

Karon said...

Hey I went through this with them four our homestudy. What I did for our dossier is I sent them 5 prints at the same time. I could not find a place in AL that would take them and print them electronicaly. The FBI is not set up to take them from computer to computer for Adoption. I sent them 5 at a time so that could piece together a complete set all at once. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

positive thoughts... positive thoughts.. positive thoughts...

believe or not, everything will happen at the right time.

positive-karina